Do you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in your pocket? Well, attentive, because a new beta of Android 9 Pie arrives. This is the fourth beta version received by users of this device, so if you have already tried the previous ones, this will not be new for you.
The version that has just been announced already has the resolution of most problems that had been detected. And so it is indicated in the changelog or change log of the update. In any case, what this tells us is that we are getting closer and closer to the final version of this version. And therefore, the vast majority of users who have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will soon receive the final data package.
Closer to the official update to Android 9 Pie for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8
All sources and information point to the same address. The official update to Android 9 Pie for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will arrive this February, so that the fourth version of the beta version indicates practically the end of the testing period. Previous forecasts had always indicated the beginning of 2019 as the most likely date for the long-term.
You should know, however, that the release of the beta version does not mean a necessary official update for all countries. As usual, users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will receive this update in a phased manner, so it will still take a few weeks to fully embrace it.
Next steps to take in the Samsung Galaxy Note 8
If you have participated in the beta tests for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (keep in mind that these are only operational in certain countries), you will be able to perform the download. If this is your case, you should know that the fourth beta of Android 9 Pie for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 weighs 577 MB and is available to download and install via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) or over the air.
To download it on your device you will have to go to the Settings section and click on Software Update. Within this section, select the Download and install option. From there, when Android 9 Pie version is installed, your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 should be updated with the following version number: N950FXXU5ZSB2.
If you have not participated in the beta tests, you will have to wait a little longer. Although in principle not much. As soon as the definitive version of Android 9 Pie for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes out (we will be alert to announce it) you should be aware of the notifications. You will receive a notice in the following weeks and from there, you can proceed with the installation of the latest edition of Android.
Keep in mind that to install it (like the beta), you will have to be connected to a Wi-Fi network and have the phone’s battery fully charged, so that unexpected blackouts can not occur. Keep in mind that it is a very delicate process. In addition, it is advisable to make a backup copy of all your most important contents and configurations.
What is custom ROM?
ROM is short for Read-Only Memory. It has many versions just like Windows OS does; no matter it is stock ROMs from companies, or custom ROM from third party. This new custom ROM can bring you the latest version of Android before your manufacturer. Anyhow, flashing a new ROM means installing a new operating system to your Android.
The new Android 12 comes with many new features :
- Android 12 helps minimize background activity in the apps you use least, it's the super power you can't even see.
- With your permission, Autofill remembers your logins to get you into your favorite apps at supersonic speed.
- Picture-in-Picture allows you to see two apps at once, it's like having super strength and laser vision.
- Notification Dots: Press the notification dots to quickly see what's new, and easily clear them by swiping away.
- Android Instant Apps: Teleport directly into new apps right from your browser, no installation needed.
- Google Play Protect: Working to keep your device and data safe from misbehaving apps by scanning over 50 billion apps per day, even the ones you haven't installed yet!
- Whether you're talking, playing, working or streaming, you can feel confident about keeping your battery strong and full of life.
- Share the feels with a fully redesigned emoji set, including over 60 new emoji.
- Better RAM Management.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
- and other cool features.
Note: If there is more than one download option, that likely means that you need to download and install the Bug Fix Update for your smartphone or tablet device before you can actually update to Android 12.
Step 1:Before you go trying to update your device, you should check which version of Android you are running. You might already be on the latest version. It's easy to check so follow this guide up to step four. This screen will have a section called 'Android version'. If it doesn't, click 'Software information' to find out.
Step 2:Scroll down the Settings menu and click on 'About Phone' or 'About Tablet'. If you have a tabbed settings menu then this will appear in the 'general' section.
Refer to Android developer page to choose which version of Android your phone or tablet is running. I.e, 4.0.4 corresponds to Ice Cream Sandwich, an old version of Android that was released in 2013.
Step 3:Note: Your phone or tablet may require a Wi-Fi connection to search for an update. We suggest you to download the software Droid Over Wi-Fi because the file size can be large.
Choose and click the "Software Update" option. Next it will search available update for your phone or tablet. If update is available, you will be asked if you want to install it. Select "yes" and it will install the new operating system in your device. If you want to install it later, you can download the Android 12 file first. Download Android 12.zip