Two American partners of Facebook stop the cooperation with the company, as a result of which they no longer fight disinformation on behalf of Facebook.
Both fact-check website Snopes and news agency Associated Press confirm against the BBC since 2019 no more messages on Facebook to check.
Facebook works together with news organizations around the world to combat disinformation on the social medium. The partners gain access to messages that users have identified as incorrect and can then check the content. Facebook reimburses the fact-checkers for their work.
It is not clear what the exact reason is that Snopes and Associated Press stop. With the departure, Facebook loses two of its four American partners. The company is still working with its PolitiFact and FactCheck.org in the United States.
From a statement that Snopes has put online, it can be concluded that the known fact checker site doubts whether the costs of checking all kinds of hoaxes that circulate via Facebook do outweigh the benefits.
Employees of Snopes complain about the cumbersome and time-consuming way in which they must report incorrect messages manually via a special Facebook dashboard.
Snopes, which received $ 100,000 from Facebook last year for combating misinformation, does not rule out the fact that in the future it will be back with the social network. The same applies to AP. A spokeswoman for the news agency explains to the BBC that the company is still in discussions with Facebook about “the possibilities to do the important fact-checking work”.
What is custom ROM?
ROM is short for Read-Only Memory. It has many versions just like Windows OS does; no matter it is stock ROMs from companies, or custom ROM from third party. This new custom ROM can bring you the latest version of Android before your manufacturer. Anyhow, flashing a new ROM means installing a new operating system to your Android.
The new Android 11 comes with many new features :
- Android 11 helps minimize background activity in the apps you use least, it's the super power you can't even see.
- With your permission, Autofill remembers your logins to get you into your favorite apps at supersonic speed.
- Picture-in-Picture allows you to see two apps at once, it's like having super strength and laser vision.
- Notification Dots: Press the notification dots to quickly see what's new, and easily clear them by swiping away.
- Android Instant Apps: Teleport directly into new apps right from your browser, no installation needed.
- Google Play Protect: Working to keep your device and data safe from misbehaving apps by scanning over 50 billion apps per day, even the ones you haven't installed yet!
- Whether you're talking, playing, working or streaming, you can feel confident about keeping your battery strong and full of life.
- Share the feels with a fully redesigned emoji set, including over 60 new emoji.
- Better RAM Management.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
- and other cool features.
Note: If there is more than one download option, that likely means that you need to download and install the Bug Fix Update for your smartphone or tablet device before you can actually update to Android 11.
Step 1:Before you go trying to update your device, you should check which version of Android you are running. You might already be on the latest version. It's easy to check so follow this guide up to step four. This screen will have a section called 'Android version'. If it doesn't, click 'Software information' to find out.
Step 2:Scroll down the Settings menu and click on 'About Phone' or 'About Tablet'. If you have a tabbed settings menu then this will appear in the 'general' section.
Refer to Android developer page to choose which version of Android your phone or tablet is running. I.e, 4.0.4 corresponds to Ice Cream Sandwich, an old version of Android that was released in 2013.
Step 3:Note: Your phone or tablet may require a Wi-Fi connection to search for an update. We suggest you to download the software Droid Over Wi-Fi because the file size can be large.
Choose and click the "Software Update" option. Next it will search available update for your phone or tablet. If update is available, you will be asked if you want to install it. Select "yes" and it will install the new operating system in your device. If you want to install it later, you can download the Android 11 file first. Download Android 11.zip