IBM becomes a larger competitor to Amazon and Microsoft for cloud services, with online storage and services being leased to businesses. The company buys one of the big players in that sector, Red Hat, for $ 33 billion.
IBM chairman Ginni Rometty calls the acquisition a ‘game changer’. Since she joined the tech company in 2012, turnover has dropped by a quarter. This is because IBM has divested activities and sold less computer hardware, the business in which the 107-year-old company grew.
For IBM, the acquisition is an attempt to show that it has not missed the train in the technology sector. The share price lost a third of its value in the last five years. Berkshire Hathaway, the conglomerate of the legendary investor Warren Buffett, sold 94 percent of its IBM shares and purchased Apple shares.
Cloud services are seen as the future of the computer industry. In the third quarter, IBM services grew by 10 percent to $ 4.5 billion in revenue. The acquisition of Red Hat shows that this internal growth is too slow for IBM.
Red Hat, which is mainly known from the Linux open source software, is approaching a turnover of 3 billion dollars. According to Rometty, it is one of the few cloud companies that generate a strong free cash flow.
IBM pays the acquisition cash, $ 190 per share. That is an added value of 63 percent compared to the closing price of Red Hat Friday.
What is custom ROM?
ROM is short for Read-Only Memory. It has many versions just like Windows OS does; no matter it is stock ROMs from companies, or custom ROM from third party. This new custom ROM can bring you the latest version of Android before your manufacturer. Anyhow, flashing a new ROM means installing a new operating system to your Android.
The new Android 11 comes with many new features :
- Android 11 helps minimize background activity in the apps you use least, it's the super power you can't even see.
- With your permission, Autofill remembers your logins to get you into your favorite apps at supersonic speed.
- Picture-in-Picture allows you to see two apps at once, it's like having super strength and laser vision.
- Notification Dots: Press the notification dots to quickly see what's new, and easily clear them by swiping away.
- Android Instant Apps: Teleport directly into new apps right from your browser, no installation needed.
- Google Play Protect: Working to keep your device and data safe from misbehaving apps by scanning over 50 billion apps per day, even the ones you haven't installed yet!
- Whether you're talking, playing, working or streaming, you can feel confident about keeping your battery strong and full of life.
- Share the feels with a fully redesigned emoji set, including over 60 new emoji.
- Better RAM Management.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
- and other cool features.
Note: If there is more than one download option, that likely means that you need to download and install the Bug Fix Update for your smartphone or tablet device before you can actually update to Android 11.
Step 1:Before you go trying to update your device, you should check which version of Android you are running. You might already be on the latest version. It's easy to check so follow this guide up to step four. This screen will have a section called 'Android version'. If it doesn't, click 'Software information' to find out.
Step 2:Scroll down the Settings menu and click on 'About Phone' or 'About Tablet'. If you have a tabbed settings menu then this will appear in the 'general' section.
Refer to Android developer page to choose which version of Android your phone or tablet is running. I.e, 4.0.4 corresponds to Ice Cream Sandwich, an old version of Android that was released in 2013.
Step 3:Note: Your phone or tablet may require a Wi-Fi connection to search for an update. We suggest you to download the software Droid Over Wi-Fi because the file size can be large.
Choose and click the "Software Update" option. Next it will search available update for your phone or tablet. If update is available, you will be asked if you want to install it. Select "yes" and it will install the new operating system in your device. If you want to install it later, you can download the Android 11 file first. Download Android 11.zip